Top Tips For Forward Focused Daily Healthy Living
TOP TIPS FOR FORWARD FOCUSED DAILY HEALTHY LIVING
- Drink water.
- Eat your veggies, proteins and healthy fats.
- Minimize sweets, soda and alcohol intake. Soda water with lime is a great bar trick!
- Workout two 30 – 60 minute sessions per week.
- Try to walk or move for 20 – 60 minutes daily.
- Maintain a consistent sleep cycle.
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth three times.
- Then, Close your eyes and perform the task again.
- Then, press firmly upward into your forehead hairline with your finger tips.
- Perform the task a couple more times like this, thinking through your goals for the day.
- Make breathing practice a DAILY priority!
- At the end of a work shift, make a little time to workout or move – even watching Tv or social media is fine. Don’t let “muscle atrophy” be mistaken for “tired”. One day or four days between a really good gym workout isn’t unusual, but 2 weeks is too long for everyone. Muscle atrophy can create compensation aches and pains complicating injury recovery, especially when dealing with workers comp situations.
I am a Licensed Massage Therapist and Ace Certified Personal Training living and working in Denver, Colorado. I have worked with athletes of all levels in sport and recreation, at events and in-office, and have built SMART Bodywork® Fitness and Massage to be the place to go to feel better, faster! I believe that movement is medicine and if you need to know three key words to feel better, here they are: 1. movement 2. pressure 3. breath.